Health assessment is the leading method in Sweden to motivate changes in lifestyle and habits. It is a scientifically based and proven methodology, based on medical, physiological and behavioral theories. The method involves carrying out a survey on the health care needs of the individual and group, as well as monitoring and evaluating health care interventions. The aim is to get the individual to acknowledge the connection between their lifestyle and the significance they have on their future health.
Health assessment is carried out on all staff or specific groups in the workplace.
Structure and Content
• Confidential interview with the individual on the basis of a completed questionnaire with questions covering lifestyle / work situation; recreational activities, exercise, diet, tobacco, alcohol, medical symptoms, stress, etc.
• Measurements of height, weight, blood pressure, bone mass & BMI.
• Fitness test on a exercise bike with a calculation of oxygen uptake, ie fitness.
• Control of blood glucose, blood lipids, cholesterol and blood count (Hb).
• Review and evaluation of the results with the individual including advice and recommendations.
• Follow up of the health assessment is recommended after 6-12 months.